Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My Stove Broke...

It was bound to happen. She was 45 in stove years. That's like 99 in human years. My sweet little avocado Admiral stove gave her last hot breath last weekend. We took her a part to see if it was something a trip to the hardware store could fix, but it was her time to go to appliance heaven also known as the scrap yard for $20.

Me and this stove have had some good times and real adventures! My very first roux sauce is the perfect example. Boy did I not know what I was doing... but, she gave me constant even heat and it was a smashing success.

All my baking expeditions my dear Admiral was there for too. My first attempts at bread and pies, and on those long work days when I would rely on her to heat up quickly so I could throw a pizza in. What's that? 375? No problem, give me six minutes. She was a gem.

Hubby and I went to the big ole' department store and bought a shiny new white stove. This new one seems to have some spunk and I have faith that she will deliver. She's got two plugs, self cleans and a timer that works! She arrives at our place on Thursday so there will be lots and lots of cooking going on this weekend.

Thanks for all the great years Admiral. You were a gem and will be missed.

No comments: