Friday, November 21, 2008

Rhapsody of Paganini

Last night hubby and I had a lovely date night. We went to Kama Classical Indian Restaurant, and I must say this is probably my new official favourite Indian restaurant in Toronto. Few places make me feel like I am eating the real thing, but this place was great! Spice was good, a bit Canadian, but not too bad, and highlight of my night was Indian desserts with no nuts!!!

We had two whole hours to eat our dinner is luxurious relaxed bliss... It was a true treat to not be rushed. The concert began at 8 p.m. and we had a lovely stroll after dinner, headed to the hall and had time to catch the end of the pre show talk. The talk was great, and I think the man speaking was from Classical 96.3 but I'm not sure. He told us all about Rachmaninov and escaping the war, settling in L.A. and composing. It added so much to the show to have this background going in.

Before my old blog was deleted, I used to write of dreams of owning a condo in the city. It was neat to go back and read those blogs now that many of those dreams have been realized. My new dreams include being a member of the COC, TSO, AGO, ROM and ballet.

Hubby got us free tix to the ballet, Seagull on Saturday night so I am very excited about that. The Christmas season is out in full force and I am really enjoying it this year. The condo is currently a mess, but hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get it all cleaned up and sparkling in Christmas glory.

Christmas card and wedding thank you card writing is ahead of me this weekend. I can't wait to use our new family wax stamp on all of them!

Tonight I am visiting my beautiful niece Julia. Can't wait to see her and see how much she has changed. I am starting to feel like having a baby again. Hubby is hoping it will pass like bad gas.

No comments: